Jenny Blakesley, Director of University of Cambridge Careers Service, shares an update about the launch of Handshake Cambridge.
What is Handshake?
A new digital careers platform called Handshake to provide you with an up-to-date, mobile-friendly way to engage with us. With this system, you can book appointments and careers events, access our tailored resources and find opportunities.
Handshake has replaced most of current web systems and offers you many great new features in a personalised and interactive experience
Handshake has replaced most of current web systems and offers you many great new features in a personalised and interactive experience, including:
• Book careers appointments, workshops and events, and sign up for our Postdoc Careers Service newsletter
• Create a personalised profile and receive tailored information relating to your areas of interest
• Discover the best opportunities that match your experience and ask fellow users and employers questions
• Find the answers you need – learn more about industries and job roles to see if they’re right for you; get an inside look at employers with reviews; message employers with your questions
• Access a rich range of our tailored in-house resources for careers in and out of academia from the Postdoc Careers Service
• And more…
We want to reassure you that the Careers Service still exists in every other way, and we are excited to bring this new platform in to enhance our services.
If you are registered with us, you will have received an invitation from Handshake inviting you to set up your profile. If you are not registered yet, you can go directly to Handshake and select the University of Cambridge to join, or click the link at the side of this blog.
We strongly encourage you to do so, and look forward to welcoming you to the platform.
As always, please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.