Postdoc Appreciation Week 2023

PDAW23 blog

Thank you, Postdocs!

We in the Cambridge Careers Service would like to thank the postdoc community at the University of Cambridge for all that you are, and all that you do. We meet you every day in our appointments and at events across Cambridge, and are constantly impressed by your commitment and inspired by your research.

Read on for more of what we appreciate about you.

Diane‘I admire the commitment and engagement postdocs have to their research and to making the world a better place all while juggling a full basket of activities and demands.’ Diane

Kate‘I’m always so interested in the work that postdocs do, and their ability to show how it fits into the wider world of research. Meeting postdocs is a constant graduate-level education!’ Kate

Vicki‘I really appreciate the breadth of attributes and skills that you have. To enable your research and expertise, you’ve done so much more than be a researcher! I love celebrating these with you and helping you unpack them all.’ Vicki

Sonali‘I admire your attention to detail, and tenacity in checking all the boxes – whether for a fellowship application or preparing a technical task for a job interview.’ Sonali

Watch this short video to be reminded about all our services specifically for you, including a range of careers management workshops specifically for researchers. Find out more on Handshake (register here for an account if you need to).

And if you need some appreciation once this week is over, book for a one:one appointment with one of us. As you can see, we really love talking to you.

With thanks again and best wishes as you embark on the next academic year –

Your Careers Consultants: Diane Caldwell, Kate Murray, Lucy Romijn, Sonali Shukla and Vicki Tipton